Te Reo January 2020
Wednesday 01 January 2020
- Kia pai tā koutou noho.
- Have a good stay.
Thursday, 02 January 2020
- He toka tū moana ia.
- She’s a rock! This whakataukī refers to one who is steadfast and strong in their culture, beliefs and or position against all opposition. They are likened to the rock in the ocean that stands strong against all elements.
Friday 03 January 2020
- Kia tūpato te haere!
- Go carefully!
Saturday 04 January 2020
- Ka tae mai rātou āpōpō.
- They will arrive tomorrow.
Sunday 05 January 2020
- He aha te tāima i oho ai koe? Nō te rima karaka.
- What time did you wake up? 5 o'clock.
Monday 06 January 2020
- Hau pūkeri. Haumarutia tō haere.
- Strong winds. Drive safe.
Tuesday 07 January 2020
- Nā Craig te ika nei i homai.
- Craig gave us this fish.
Wednesday 08 January 2020
- Nā wai ēnei kōrero i tuhi? Nāku. Nāku i tuhi inapō.
- Who wrote this story? Me. I wrote it last night.
Thursday 09 January 2020
- Kei Taitoko ia e noho ana? Kāo, kei Ōtaki kē.
- Is she living in Levin? No, in Ōtaki.
Friday 10 January 2020
- Kāore a Deb i konā? Kāo. OR Engari / Ehara. Kei konei ia.
- Isn't Deb there? Correct. OR On the contrary. She is here.
Saturday 11 January 2020
- Ka manaakitia ngā kurī e au.
- The dogs will be looked after by me.
12 January 2020
Monday 13 January 2020
- Mā hea koutou haere ai? Mā runga pahi. Ā hea koutou haere ai? Ā tērā Ramere.
- How are you travelling? By bus. When are you going? Next Friday.
- I ahatia tō waewae?
- What happened to your leg?
Tuesday 14 January 2020
- Kei te tatari ia ki te tereina.
- She's waiting for the train.
Wednesday 15 January 2020
- Nō nahea koe i tae mai ai? Mā hea koe tae mai ai? Mā raro.
- When did you arrive? How did you get here? On foot.
Thursday 16 January 2020
- I kī mai a Mere kei te haere ia ki te hui. I pātai mai a Mere mehemea e haere ana au ki te hui.
- Mere said she was going to the hui. Mere asked if I was going to the hui.
17 January 2020
18 January 2020
Sunday 19 January 2020
- Ka whakaako au i te raranga harakeke ki a koe.
- I will teach you to weave flax.
20 January 2020
21 January 2020
22 January 2020
23 January 2020
24 January 2020
25 January 2020
26 January 2020
Monday 27 January 2020
- I horoia ngā kākahu e au i tērā Rāhoroi.
- The clothes were washed by me on Saturday.
Tuesday 28 January 2020
- Kaua e wareware tā tātou hui ā tēnei Rātapu.
- Don't forget our meeting this Sunday.
29 January 2020
30 January 2020
- Tokorua ngā wāhine kei tēnei rūma.
- There are two women in this room.
31 January 2020